Tuesday, June 17, 2008

"I can go the distance"

Franklin Elementary School had it's annual Jr. Olympics last Thursday and Friday. Mrs. Shelbourne's class came away with a bunch of ribbons; two from Ryleigh.
She won third place in the frisbee throw and second place in the running long jump. (The blue ribbon is from Running Club where she voluntarily goes to school early on Tuesday and Thursday mornings and runs until the bell rings. She finishes just in time to shake out her perfect hair and skip to class to start her morning education. This is about the same time I have removed the last booger from my eye.)
Ryleigh and her friends spent time preparing for each event by braiding each others hair and playing hand slapping games. I also think there was a period of time when they said, "No way!" and "I know, right?" to each other while rolling their eyes and putting their hands on their hips.

Drew, Jessica, Leesiah, Kimberly, Ryleigh & Reina. Cute. I know, right?